1. Thou shalt love people, not just use them.
The greatest thing in the world is a person. The greatest thing about a person is his motive, and the greatest motive is love.
2. Thou shalt develop thy understanding.
“If every man’s care were written on his brow, how many would our pity share, who bear our envy now.?
3. Thou shalt compliment more than criticize.
You had better cover you neighbor’s fault with a cloak of charity. He may need a circus tent to cover yours.
4. Thou shalt not get angry.
If you are right, you don’t need to. If you are wrong, you can’t afford to.
5. Thou shalt not argue.
It is no use to win the argument and lose people. Beware of the attitude which says: “In matters controversial, my attitude is fine. I always see two points of view, the one that is wrong and mine.
6. Thou shalt be kind.
You had better be kind to the people you meet on the way up! They arc, the same ones you meet on the way down. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice!
7. Thou shalt have a sense of humor.
A sense of humor is to a man what springs are to a wagon .. it saves him a lot of jolts.
8. Thou shalt smile.
No man is ever fully dressed until he has a smile.
9. Thou shalt practice what thou preachest.
One example is worth a thousand arguments.
10. Thou shalt establish a long-range habit of people-manship.
Good human relations can be the key to your success.